Built in 1935 by the Nelson Tramping Club. It was formerly a 3-4 bunk hut, however the bunks were removed, as was the wood burner & semi-attached wood shed. The hut was converted to an enclosed shelter, & more recently, the toilet has also been removed. Edit Hut
Water supply still works fine, and there’s cell service all around the hut. Looking fairly worse for wear inside with peeling paint, but would be ample shelter.
Tony Brown (Nelson Tramping Club) removed bunks for Nelson City Council, many years ago. Still inhabitable, but no mattresses. Water supply worked in 2009.