Built in the mid 1950's by the Wellington Catholic Tramping Club (now only a ski club), it officially opened on 19 May, 1956 in the company of 40 people. It was extensively overhauled (re-roofed, interior linings replaced, some piles replaced, drainage, earthworks, vegetation clearance & a new deck) by volunteers Grant Timlin, David Thomas & Aaron Jack from the "Ex NZFS Deer Cullers" group in late December 2019 through to August 2020. It was repainted by exNZFS volunteers in Nov., 2020. See https://tarhc.org.nz/our-huts/renata-hut/ Edit Hut